The Curse is the second studio album by American metalcore band Atreyu, released on June 29, 2004, through Victory Records. The album went on to produce three singles, "Bleeding Mascara" "Right Side of the Bed" and "The Crimson". The videos for "Right Side of the Bed" and "The Crimson" achieved much airplay on television networks such as MTV2 and FUSE. The songs also received airplay on some radio stations across various countries. Since its release, The Curse has gone on to sell more than 450,000 copies. On June 28, 2005, Victory Records re-released The Curse with a bonus DVD. The bonus DVD included four of the band's music videos. The album features bassist Tom McDonald of Hedley who recorded some of the bass parts in the album.
- "Blood Children (An Introduction)"
- "Bleeding Mascara"
- "Right Side of the Bed"
- "This Flesh a Tomb"
- "You Eclipsed by Me"
- "The Crimson"
- "The Remembrance Ballad"
- "An Interlude"
- "Demonology and Heartache"
- "My Sanity on the Funeral Pyre"
- "Nevada's Gace"
- "Five Vicodin Chased With a Shot of Clarity"
Limited Edition Bonus TrackEdit
- "You Give Love a Bad Name" (Bon Jovi Cover)
- Alex Varkatzas - unclean vocals
- Dan Jacobs - lead guitar
- Marc McKnight - bass guitar
- Tom McDonald - bass guitar
- Travis Miguel - rhythm guitar
- Brandon Saller - drums and clean vocals
- Produced by GGGarth
- Mastered by Howie Weinberg
- Mixed by Josh Wilbur
- Engineered by Dean Maher
- Album Layout by Jason Link and Alex Varkatzas
- Band Photography by Sean Stiegemeier
- Photography (Model) by Thomas Bogucki
- Digital Editing by Ben Kaplan
- Assisted Digital Editing by Lee Robertson, Kurt McNally and Brian Gallant
- Effects and Make-Up and Teeth Fabrication (Model) by Louie Zakarian
- Hair (Model) by Silvia McBride
- Model Natalia Delano
- Re-touching (Model) by Peter Possenti
- Styling (Model) by Selena Long