The recording session for Plagues began during winter 2006 with Joey Sturgis as the chosen producer. The name of the album is a biblical reference to plagues in the book of Revelation. Mike Hranica, the vocalist, considered it to be "very visually appealing", although not as important as the meaning placed behind it. The recording was completed in spring 2007 and the album was released on August 21, 2007.
Plagues was re-released on October 28, 2008. The bonus content for the re-release includes an alternative cover, booklet art and a DVD which has footage of The Devil Wears Prada playing at Ultimatour and Warped Tour in 2008. It also includes the music videos for "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?" and "HTML Rulez D00d". Some of the pre-ordered versions of Plagues included a darker booklet that was signed by all the band members and a white disc, as opposed to the standard version which has a black disc and a lighter booklet.
- "Goats on a Boat"
- "Number Three, Never Forget"
- "HTML Rulez D00d"
- "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?"
- "Don't Dink and Drance"
- "You Can't Spell Crap Without C" (featuring Craig Owens of Chiodos)
- "This Song Is Called"
- "Reptar, King of the Ozone"
- "The Scorpion Deathlock"
- "Nickels Is Money Too"
South Korean Bonus TracksEdit
- "Modeify the Pronunciation"
- "Salvation" (featuring Cole Wallace formerly of Gwen Stacy)
The Devil Wears PradaEdit
- Mike Hranica - unclean vocals
- Chris Rubey - lead guitar
- Andy Trick - bass guitar
- Jeremy DePoyster - rhythm guitar and clean vocals
- Daniel Williams - drums
- James Baney - keyboards, synthesizers and piano
- Produced, Engineered, Mastered and Mixed by Joey Sturgis
- Layout and Design on Standard Edition by Chris Rubey
- Layout and Design on Re-release by Dan Mumford
- Management by Eric Roushing
- ^ http://www.rockband.com/music/songs