Happiness is the third studio album from post-hardcore band Dance Gavin Dance and was released through Rise Records on June 9, 2009. The band went into the studio with Kris Crummett to record the album on February 14, 2009. On April 10, they uploaded new artwork and a recording of the new song "Tree Village" onto their MySpace profile. On May 28, "Don't Tell Dave" was also added to their Myspace page with "NASA" being posted soon after on May 31. This is their first album without original member Jonathan Mess, and therefore the first and so far only album with guitarist Will Swan handling unclean vocals. It is also their only album with former bassist Jason Ellis, who left after the recording. It is their last album with former clean vocalist, Kurt Travis. They have also made a music video for "Tree Village". It is their second release thus far to provide lyrics for each song in the CD booklet (Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean being the first).
- "Tree Village"
- "I'm Down with Brown Town"
- "Carl Barker"
- "Happiness" (featuring Tony Tataje of American Me)
- "Strawberry Swisher Pt. I"
- "Don't Tell Dave"
- "Strawberry Swisher Pt. II"
- "Powder to the People"
Dance Gavin DanceEdit
- Kurt Travis - clean vocals
- Will Swan - lead guitar, unclean vocals and rapping
- Jason Ellis - bass guitar
- Zachary Garren - rhythm guitar
- Matt Mignus - drums and percussion
- Tony Tataje - vocals on track 5
- Produced, Mixed and Mastered by Kris Crummett
- Engineered by Kris Crumett, Neil Engle and Jeff Bond
- Artwork by Mattias Adolfsson