August Burns Red began playing the track "Existence" on their tour with All That Remains from April to May 2009. On the band's MySpace page, they released four singles from the album, "Thirty and Seven" and "Existence," with "Thirty and Seven" available for download on the iTunes music store. "Ocean of Apathy" the third track from the then-upcoming album was released on Monday June 29, 2009. "Meddler" was released on July 6, 2009. It was also announced on the band's Myspace that a video of "Meddler" is to be released. On July 7, 2009, the band posted the entire album on their Myspace page. They began to sell the album days ahead of the retail release at the beginning of their tour with Enter Shikari, Iwrestledabearonce and Blessthefall, starting with the Recher Theatre in Towson, Maryland on July 10, 2009.
The album debuted at No. 24 on The Billboard 200 with sales of 20,401 copies in its first week.
The album also featured a bonus 7 inch vinyl record as a special gift when pre-ordering through a select dealer. The disk contained an alternate version of "Indonesia" and a cover of the NOFX song, "Linoleum".
A second 7 inch vinyl called O Come, O Come, Emmanuel was released on November 10th, 2009 by August Burns Red's former label, CI Records. The limited edition vinyls were limited to 1,000 colored vinyl discs, 400 of which were green, 400 of which were red, and 200 of which were split-colored red and green.
The song "Indonesia", which features guest vocals from Tommy Giles Roger of Between the Buried and Me, was made as a tribute to David Clapper, a missionary that died in a plane crash in Indonesia. He lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, the city that August Burns Red originated in.
In 2010, Constellations was nominated for a Dove Award for Rock Album of the Year at the 41st GMA Dove Awards.
- "Thirty and Seven"
- "Ocean of Apathy"
- "White Washed"
- "Marianas Trench"
- "The Escape Artist"
- "Indonesia" (featuring Tommy Giles Roger of Between the Buried and Me)
Interpunk Special Edition Indonesian 7" vinyl Single
- "Indonesia Alternate Version"
- "Linoleum" (NOFX Cover)
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"
- "Carol of the Bells"
August Burns RedEdit
- Jake Luhrs - lead vocals
- JB Brubaker - lead guitar
- Dustin Davidson - bass guitar and backing vocals
- Brent Rambler - rhythm guitar
- Matt Greiner - drums and piano
- Tommy Giles Rogers: vocals on track 7
- Produced and Mixed by Jason Suecof
- Additional Mixing by Devin Townsend
- Mastered by Troy Glessner
- Art by Ryan Clark of Invisible Creature
- http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2010/02/18/41st-annual-gma-dove-awards-nominees-announced/ 41st Annual GMA Dove Awards nominees announced
- http://www.bandsonfire.com/resources/release-presentations/article/august-burns-red-o-come-o-come "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" coverage by BandsOnFire.com