Alexisonfire is the debut studio album by Canadian post-hardcore band Alexisonfire, released on September 9, 2002 through Distort Entertainment. The album sold over 50,000 units in Canada, giving it gold certification and was recorded when Chris Steele, Wade MacNeil and Jesse Ingelevics were only 17 years old. The cover art was photographed by vocalist George Pettit at Ferndale Public School in St. Catharines, Ontario; pictured is Cassandra Paolella (holding the knife) and Amanda Rietveld (opposite). The album artwork is based on the song "A Dagger Through the Heart of St. Angeles". The title of ".44 Caliber Love Letter" is taken from a line in the 1986 David Lynch movie Blue Velvet by character Frank Booth: "I'll have to send you a love letter! Straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker!"
- ".44 Caliber Love Letter"
- "Counterparts and Number Them"
- "A Dagger Through the Heart of St. Angeles"
- "Polariods of Polar Bears"
- "Waterwings (And Other Poolside Fashion Faux Pas)"
- "Where No One Knows"
- "The Kennedy Curse"
- "Little Girls Point and Laughing"
- "Pulmonary Archery"
- George Pettit - unclean vocals
- Wade MacNeil - lead guitar and backing vocals
- Chris Steele - bass guitar
- Dallas Green - rhythm guitar and clean vocals
- Jesse Ingelevics - drums and percussion
- Produced, Engineered and Mixed by Greg Below
- A&R by D. Sandshaw of Equal Vision Records
- Drums Edited by George Kotsopoulos and Ben Kaplan
- Album Layout by Bill Scoville
- Photography by George Pettit